VSS will contribute to a sustainable impact on the environment through three key strategies:
- Help clients reduce the environmental impact of operations in vulnerable areas.
- Support and over time growing toward market segments that reduce fossil fuel consumption and other environmental impact.
- Reduce emissions and other environmental impact from the VSS fleet.
VSS will act in a socially responsible manner through:
- Ethics & Integrity: VSS conducts all its business ethically and with integrity, safeguarding people and environment and maintaining the highest principles wherever we do business.
- Safe and healthy working conditions: Onboard and on shore.
- Being a responsible and fair employer: VSS shall be a responsible employer for seafarers and onshore employees.
- Diversity and non-discrimination: VSS is an equal-opportunity employer with a Code of Conduct emphasizing fair treatment of all employees and other individuals VSS interacts with.
- Acting responsibly toward customers, suppliers, and other external parties: The key to our future is our ability to secure new contracts, win repeat work and have suppliers that are supportive to our company, our values and standards.
- Human rights and labor standards: VSS embraces practices consistent with international human rights and operates its business in compliance with fundamental labor standards – hereunder measures to prevent child labor.
VSS shall maintain a governance setup that secures control and limits risk – hereunder:
- Compliance with applicable laws, regulations, class, and other statutory requirements: Through our Code of Conduct and other policies, operational procedures, leadership, employee development, clear governance and control mechanisms. Hereunder compliance with applicable antitrust and competition laws.
- Meeting customer requirements and expectations: Through the same mechanisms.
- Work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery: Emphasized through the Code of Conduct and other policies of VSS. Stringent assessment of customers, suppliers, and other partners – and the use of internal guidelines and approval matrices to secure compliance.
- Internal governance, management system, and continuous improvement: To enable service deliveries that are consistent, effective, of high quality and in compliance with laws and customer expectations.